Every business owner needs to be knowledgeable about fundamental principles to make their business grow. If you are looking for suggestions regarding the right attitude for any business, we invite you to listen to this podcast.
Today, we will be speaking with Brian Kurtz as he shares his knowledge and expertise about business, copywriting, and marketing. He also specializes in creating impactful newsletters. In his spare time, he enjoys officiating in Little League Baseball.
In this episode, Brian tells us all about his fundamental principles to success, particularly the Hundred Zero Principle, which he considers a crucial aspect for every marketer. He also talks about making deep and valuable connections with different people.
Sounds interesting? Check the episode highlights and listen to this informative episode for the nitty-gritty details.
The Hundred Zero Principle and the idea of Serendipitous Giving (02:20)
- Brian confessed that he doesn’t like the word networking, but he loves the idea of contributing and connecting.
- The Hundred Zero Principle refers to giving 100% to everybody or everything that you do while expecting 0% in return.
- The Hundred Zero Principle is challenging to exhibit, but it is the only way to know what works and what does not.
- The method of how you give your 100% is an essential determiner of success.
- Learn and practice the concept of serendipitous giving.
Relationship capital account (05:08)
- Be patient about your investment’s return as long as you employ the right method.
- Don’t underestimate people based on their current status because everybody has potential.
- Learn from missed opportunities so you can be aware of them in your future endeavours.
- Accept that you have flaws, but always try to do your best.
Boardroom dinners or intentional dinners (10:48)
- Intentional or boardroom dinners have taught him about making deep and valuable connections.
- He also learned how to organize and how to connect people.
- Be intentional about everything that you do.
- Building deep relationships and rapport is one of the critical principles of every business owner.
Six-person intentional dinners (13:48)
- There is no ulterior motive at any dinner
- Making connections through great conversations is the goal of these dinners
- They make connections by inviting people that the other person did not know
- Do not expect anything when you attend these dinners. You should wait for great conversations to unfold.
Acknowledging the giants in his profession and those who contributed to his book (18:26)
- He gave recognition to his inspirations who are experts in the field of marketing and copywriting.
- His book, Overdeliver, seeks to overdeliver valuable insights about marketing. It also offers eleven bonuses.
- His book serves to recognize his inspirations in the field by sharing marketing knowledge to those who are interested in the field.
Fulfilment from the book (26:21)
- He continues to write for current and future marketers.
- It is fulfiling to share his knowledge with beginner marketers.
- He does not focus on commission; instead, he focuses on helping start-ups.
Connect with Brian Kurtz through his website. You can also watch his informative videos on Youtube. We also encourage you to check his book, Overdeliver to find valuable insights on marketing and copywriting!
Thanks for listening! See you in the next episode!