Social media is undeniably integrated into our daily lives. From keeping in touch with friends to connecting with our families, social media enhances our personal lives and helps maintain our relationships. What many people don’t know is that social media is actually a business tool, and you don’t have to separate your business and personal life online to be effective.
In today’s episode, Francesca Moi, also known as ‘The Meetup Queen’, talks about how you can grow your business using social media. She also discusses organic ways to increase opportunities and engagement with your community online.
About Our Guest:
Francesca Moi is a speaker and business coach who specialises in building a community using Facebook and Meetup. She is also the Founder and CEO of Empowering Events, a company that helps entrepreneurs through various workshops and events. Furthermore, she has published two books and has started an international academy to create value for business owners.
If you want to learn more about growing your online community, check out the highlights below and tune in to the episode!
How to Grow Your Online Community Using Social Media
Mindset for Social Media Use (4:00)
- Starting from knowing nothing about Meetup, she began by just experimenting.
- Use Facebook Live for more engagement with your audience.
- People think that ‘business is business and personal is personal’, but you actually should do the opposite.
- Truthfulness and authenticity excite and engage your customers.
- Being professional doesn’t mean being closed off.
Managing Your Time (8:34)
- Don’t fall into the trap of mindlessly scrolling on social media. Scroll with purpose.
- Be strategic on your usage. Set timers if you have to.
- Use social media to create value in your community, by either commenting or posting but don’t linger.
- Hire a virtual assistant if you need to.
Strategies for Events Making (14:17)
- People get stuck on focusing on starting the next event.
- It is important to keep generating new leads.
- Focus on the top of the funnel by bringing new contacts and email addresses.
- Being consistent with your current audience can only get you so far.
Social Media in the Future (16:37)
- People crave connections these days.
- Don’t be afraid to start a conversation with a stranger on social media.
- Face-to-face and online conversations are the same if you are genuinely the same person in both.
- Having an initial contact in social media accelerates the relationship.
Personal Business Advice (19:41)
- When you get to the point that you know how to make money, you shouldn’t be stuck.
- You have to grow your business by stepping outside your comfort zone.
- It’s essential to be transparent so that people trust you.
- How much you make doesn’t mean anything about your identity.
- Bums on Seats by Francesca Moi & Natasa Denman
Thank you so much for listening!