- Your Social Voice Website (https://www.yoursocialvoice.com.au/)
- Become the Mogul of your industry (https://www.mogulcall.com)
- Join our Mogul Mastermind (https://www.mogulmastermind.com.au/)
- Macro Mike Website (https://macromike.com.au/)
A self-funded startup to a $10 million empire in a couple of years is no easy feat. This is especially the case when you have a new product – with no guarantee on the market response.
With a greater focus placed on health these days, it’s no wonder that we see businesses rise up in the space.
Today, we have Mike Kellett who founded a plant-based protein supplement business called Macro Mike. When everyone else offered whey-based products, Mike shared how he found his competitive advantage using different avenues to grow his company into a multi-million dollar business.
Whether you’re a gym goer or an entrepreneur ready to be inspired on how Macro Mike is leaving his mark, this is for you.
What we discussed in this episode:
- What the company is all about [01:45]
- The journey to starting Macro Mike [02:36]
- An obsession with peanuts that led to innovation [04:46]
- From tight money problems to rapid growth in 4 years [08:26]
- Breakthrough sales through wholesale distribution and online retail [11:12]
- Building authentic and organic reach without influencers [13:24]
- The push that led to an upcoming physical store [15:30]
- The biggest lesson learned: Always trust your gut [18:00]
- What’s next: Pushing the boundaries of natural, plant-based nutrition [21:50]
About Mike Kellett
As the founder of one of the fastest growing health food companies in Australia, Mike Kellett was recently dubbed ‘GC Young Entrepreneur of the Year’. Due to his gluten and dairy intolerances, Mike decided to start Macro Mike offering gluten free, macro and vegan friendly treats that allow people to reach their goals without sacrificing their food choices.
Thank you so much for listening! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.