- Your Social Voice Website (https://www.yoursocialvoice.com.au/)
- Become the Mogul of your industry (https://www.mogulcall.com)
- Marketing Over Coffee Podcast (https://www.marketingovercoffee.com/)
- Join the Slack group, Analytics for Marketers (https://slack.com/get-started#/)
- Christopher Penn’s YouTube series, You Ask, I Answer (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChELZ_JMGNYuxObfrXoER6A)
- Trust Insights (https://www.trustinsights.ai/)
Data is a rich source of abundant information that any organisation can benefit from. The key is knowing what kind of data to collect and being able to analyse it to gain a better understanding of your market and business.
In today’s episode, John Wall of the Marketing Over Coffee podcast joins us. As a partner in Trust Insights, he is a big fan of data. He breaks down how small business owners can get started collecting data, making sure it’s secure, and leveraging it to get insights. We also do a segue and let John talk about how he grew his podcast.
As a small business owner interested in taking their marketing data into the next level, you should not miss this episode.
What we discussed in this episode:
- The importance of having good data [2:12]
- Key areas business owners should focus on [3:19]
- John’s background and the shift to data [4:20]
- Technology and the current coronavirus crisis [7:57]
- The realities in the startup world and starting his own company [11:32]
- Growing his podcast into a business [14:35]
- Reaching critical mass and leveraging his audience [17:06]
- Avenues and tips for growing a podcast [19:11]
- Useful tools for collecting data [21:30]
- New gear and looking to the future [25:17]
About John Wall
John Wall is a partner at Trust Insights, a marketing data and analytics consulting company. He is also the producer of the Marketing Over Coffee podcast, which he co-hosts with Christopher Penn.
Thank you so much for listening! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.